Monday, April 21, 2008
Adopting Again!!
Yes, we have decided to adopt again. It has definitely been a whirlwind of a decision. Tim has known for a couple of years. Me, on the other hand, it has been true denial at its finest. Chloe is 8 and in 2nd grade. That is a huge age gap. Plus, we are old now :-) but we are stable now so, will a birthmom really choose us?
It was March 1st that Tim and I were talking and he had what he calls his "Come to Jesus" meeting with me :-). I admitted that I knew but that I was scared. He uses his "Fear and Faith don't exist in the same vessel" lecture, but it still doesn't change that this was a huge decision we were making.
Most people can decide "Okay, we are suppose to have more kids, let's try and get pregnant". With us, adoption is our way. Truthfully, adoption is the best. I don't have the pain and agony that comes from pregnancy and delivery. However, with adoption, we just don't know when that baby is going to come. When your pregnant you have a due date. Adoption, you can wait years.
When I know, then I know and I go for it full force. On March 5th we turned in our application to LDS Family Services and for those of you who know, there is a gob of paperwork (which now can be done online - YEAH!!). Thank you to all of you who sent in reference letters so quickly because of the speed of the references we were able to finish our paperwork really fast. Fingerprints, Doctors and Home Study is complete. LDS Family Services takes our family to the adoption committee tomorrow and then we will be approved. That is pretty close to 6 weeks from start to finish. With Jaxson, it took 8 months to be approved and with Chloe it took almost a year to be approved. For those of you who don't know, the only way birthmoms see your file is if you are approved. This is one WAY FAST approval!!! I will keep everyone updated!!
Love to all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family
Christmas, 2007

No comments:
Post a Comment